Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Northwest Arkansas is grateful for the generous support it receives from individuals in our community. As stewards of these resources, we utilize contributions to fund scholarships, which is at the heart of our mission.
We strive to keep every donor informed of the work of our organization by distributing a bi-weekly email, a bi-annual newsletter, regular Facebook updates, and by providing current program data on our website.
Complimentary admission to donor appreciation events are limited to members of the Sophomore Giving Society (Jingle Mingle in December) and above and the Junior Giving Society (Spark of Hope awards ceremony in June) and above.
We invite you to give the GIFT of EDUCATION and join one of our Giving Societies.
Follow the link to view the recognition associated with each level of giving.
- Freshman – annual gift of $25+
- Sophomore – annual gift of $100+
- Junior – annual gift of $250+
- Senior – annual gift of $500+
- Graduate – annual gift of $1,000+
- Dean’s List – annual gift of $2,500+
- Cum Laude – annual gift of $5,000+
- Magna Cum Laude – annual gift of $10,000+
- Summa Cum Laude – annual gift of $25,000+
- Administrative costs such as staff salaries are covered thanks to a very generous grant from a private foundation. That means that YOUR gift goes directly to support scholarships and student programs.
- You’ll be glad to know that SPSF NWA’s professional fundraising staff are members of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and uphold AFP’s Code of Ethical Principles and Standards. You can always count on SPSF NWA to honor the Donor’s Bill of Rights.
- Contributions of all sizes and from all segments of the local community are vital to our continued ability to end poverty for single parent families in Northwest Arkansas.
You can make a gift through a number of ways:
- Through our secure online system provided by PayPal
- By establishing a recurring monthly contribution
(Fill out and submit this form to authorize auto-draft)
- Over the telephone by calling 479-935-4888
- Or by mailing your contribution to Single Parent Scholarship Fund of NWA
16 W. Colt Square Dr.
Fayetteville, AR 72703
Gift of Stock
If you are thinking about making a donation to SPSF NWA, you might want to consider making a gift of appreciated stock or mutual fund shares rather than a cash donation. A gift of appreciated property often provides increased tax benefits, along with the satisfaction of contributing to a cause you believe can make a difference. To make a gift of stock, simply inform your broker of the quantity and type of shares you’d like to contribute to SPSF NWA, and the month and year you’d like to make that transfer. We’ve created a sample letter you can use to instruct your broker. Click on the image at right to download the form.
- You might be able to make your donation go farther. Many companies encourage employees to donate to their favorite charities by matching their contributions, sometimes dollar-for-dollar or more.
- If your company matches gifts, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. We will do the rest. The impact of your gift may be doubled or possibly tripled! Some companies even match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.
- If you do not know whether or not your company offers a matching gifts program, please contact your human resources department.
Honorariums and Memorials
- Give the Gift of Education!
- A contribution to the Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Northwest Arkansas is a wonderful way to honor a friend or loved one, or to celebrate the memory of someone special. When you make a memorial or honorarium gift to SPSF NWA, we will send an acknowledgment card to the person you specify, notifying them of your gift.
- An endowment is a permanent gift in which the principal donation is invested and a portion of the earnings are distributed annually for a purpose of your choice, whether to fund a scholarship or support student programs. You may designate the fund in your own name or as a tribute to a friend or loved one. The minimum gift for a named endowment is $25,000. However, you can add gifts of any amount to existing endowments.
- In addition to our General Scholarship Endowment, Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Northwest Arkansas has several named endowed scholarships.
Planned giving vehicles offer a variety of ways to make substantial gifts to the Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Northwest Arkansas while achieving individual and family financial goals.
The following are just a few:
- Will or Bequest
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan Beneficiary
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trust
Your planned gifts will help to ensure that SPSF NWA can continue to provide single parents with encouragement and access to higher education for years to come.
Please visit with your Financial Advisor or Attorney about ways you can plan your estate to best benefit you, your loved ones, and the organizations you believe in!
If you have included the Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Northwest Arkansas in your Estate Plans, please let us know! You can contact SPSF NWA at (479) 935-4888.