Qualifications/How to Apply
- A single parent (see definition below)
- A legal United States resident OR a resident with DACA Status, and a resident of Carroll, Madison, or Washington County, Arkansas.
- A high school or GED graduate.
- Pursuing a career-oriented course of study (full or part-time) to ensure a better standard of living for your family.
- Living at or near the poverty level (up to 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines)
- An applicant of the Pell Grant (not required for Professional Certification Scholarship applicants)
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
*Applicants who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree do not qualify for this scholarship.
*Applicants who hold a professional certification or an associate’s degree will only be considered eligible if they are pursuing a degree or certification at the next level.
*Applicants who have earned 150 credit hours or more will not be eligible for a scholarship.
*Please note that for purposes of the Single Parent Scholarship a Single Parent family is defined as: a family with children under age 18 and/or a severely disabled adult child over 18, headed by a parent who is widowed or divorced and not remarried, or by a parent who has never married and is caring for the children without assistance of another parent in the home.
- complete online application (must be submitted by deadline)
- submit additional requirements (must be postmarked or received by deadline)
- schedule and attend interview
- scholarships are announced
- Scholarship recipients MUST REAPPLY each semester
- complete online application
How To Apply
If you are a resident of Carroll,Madison or Washington County in Arkansas and wish to apply for a Traditional Single Parent Scholarship, please use the online application form on this website.
THE ONLINE APPLICATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS MUST BE COMPLETE, POST-MARKED OR RECEIVED BY SPSF NWA BY THE DEADLINE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A SCHOLARSHIP.
If you are a resident of Carroll, Madison or Washington County in Arkansas and wish to apply for a Professional Certification Scholarship, please download, complete and return the Professional Certification Scholarship Application.
***Please Note*** Cosmetology Students must complete the TRADITIONAL Scholarship Application by one of the 3 deadlines.
Contact the office listed on this website if you have any questions regarding the application or the requirements for receiving a scholarship.