Qualifications/How to Apply
- A single parent (see definition below)
- A legal United States resident OR a resident with DACA Status, and a resident of Carroll, Madison, or Washington County, Arkansas.
- A high school or GED graduate.
- Pursuing a career-oriented course of study (full or part-time) to ensure a better standard of living for your family.
- Living at or near the poverty level (up to 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines)
- An applicant of the Pell Grant. (not required for Professional Certification Scholarship applicants)
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
*Applicants who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree do not qualify for this scholarship.
*Applicants who hold a professional certification or an associate’s degree will only be considered eligible if they are pursuing a degree or certification at the next level.
*Applicants who have earned 150 credit hours or more will not be eligible for a scholarship.
*Please note that for purposes of the Single Parent Scholarship a Single Parent family is defined as: a family with children under age 18 and/or a severely disabled adult child over 18, headed by a parent who is widowed or divorced and not remarried, or by a parent who has never married and is caring for the children without assistance of another parent in the home.
- complete online application (must be submitted by deadline)
- submit additional requirements (must be postmarked or received by deadline)
- schedule and attend interview
- scholarships are announced
- Scholarship recipients MUST REAPPLY each semester
- complete online application
How To Apply
If you are a resident of Carroll,Madison or Washington County in Arkansas and wish to apply for a Traditional Single Parent Scholarship, please use the online application form on this website.
THE ONLINE APPLICATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS MUST BE COMPLETE, POST-MARKED OR RECEIVED BY SPSF NWA BY THE DEADLINE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A SCHOLARSHIP.
If you are a resident of Carroll, Madison or Washington County in Arkansas and wish to apply for a Professional Certification Scholarship, please download, complete and return the Professional Certification Scholarship Application.
Contact the office listed on this website if you have any questions regarding the application or the requirements for receiving a scholarship.